Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DIY Essential Oil Shaving Cream

So, I decided that shaving cream was expensive and full of chemicals that I didn't want to slather on my legs.  I found a recipe online that would use coconut oil, aloe vera, vitamin E, and doTERRA essential oils.  I thought it sounded easy enough to try.


All you need is:
1/4 of coconut oil
3/4 of aloe vera
a couple vitamin E capsules
10-15 drops of your favorite oil

Heat the coconut oil up if it isn't already in liquid form.  Then add the aloe vera.  Mix well.  Take the vitamin E capsules and poke a hole in it and squeeze.  I used a tooth pick and it worked well.  Then put drops of your favorite oil in and mix well.  I found that shaking everything seemed to mix it up better than stirring.

Once you have everything stirred up, pour it into a pretty pump bottle and stick in your shower!  Let me know how you like it!



**Disclosure: I am a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and receive commissions and/or bonuses from doTERRA.  Also, I am not a medical professional. The statements and suggestions given here have not been evaluated by the FDA. I am simply sharing ideas and suggestions on how to use essential oils in everyday life. I assume no liability for the way you choose to use essential oils. Use your good judgment and act responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment