Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hunting

Hunting is something that has been a part of my life since I was old enough to see over the cut milo stalks in the field and walk several miles at a time.  My dad took me hunting every pheasant season and I was on a boat in the summer at numerous lakes fishing.  Just recently I have become obsessed with deer hunting since my husband has introduced me to it.  He has patiently taught me how to shoot a bow and now we are teaching our children the same.


I understand that there are mixed feelings on hunting.  I feel though that God has provided us with animals on earth to not only care for, but also so that they can care for and nourish our bodies.

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you.  And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.


I completely understand that taking the life of an animal can seem barbaric.  Every animal that makes a sacrifice for my family is not taken lightly.  The first deer I shot I shed many tears.  Tears for the loss of life, tears of thankfulness, and tears of joy for actually being successful.


Hunting is not for everyone.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion of it.  But, in a world so full of hate, don't waste breath on insulting a hunter for what they choose to do.  If they are like us, we are only trying to feed our family the way God intended.  We want to feed our family off the land, with what God provides, and to be ensured that what we are putting in our bodies is healthy.


Truth is, I'm always saddened when I kill an animal, It's not remorse I feel.  I know why I'm a hunter.  It's out of respect. -Donnie Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment